Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default I want to kill the weeds in my St. Augustine grass

On Mar 16, 11:05*pm, "
wrote:
Steve B wrote:
My experience with living where St. Augustine flourishes: *A climate where
everything else grows as well. *One MUST mow their St. Augustine every week,
or if you don't, you have to do more than one mowing to cut it down a little
at a time. *Where St. Augustine flourishes, people don't know what an
irrigation system is, as there is plenty of moisture and rainfall to keep it
going.

Whaaaaaat? *Florida? *Don't know anyone with S.A. grass who doesn't have
an irrigation system....too much water in summer, none in winter. *Last
year, Tampa was so dry they got down to forbidding lawn watering. *But,
then, during the recent freeze the strawberry farms had to water to
protect their crops and caused a rash of sink-hole collapses. *Ah,
paradise...pythons, fire ants, monitor lizards, poisonous toads, walking
catfish, tourists.

Home 1 that I mentioned in this thread didn't have a sprinkler
system.

When it needed watering I used the spikes.

One thing about that lawn though, it was lake front (back of house to
the lake) and that part of the lawn looked awesome! Never had to do
anything to it. And I'm talking about a LOT of St Augustine. Back yard
was about 200' W by 150' D (depending on how high the lake was).

First thing I did after buying that home was go to Sears and buy a 42"
riding mower.