Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_5_] Steve B[_5_] is offline

Default Lost water pressure? ? ?

"Ray" wrote in message
We live in a six-unit apartment building, three identical units stacked on
each side. We were among the hardest hit cities by the February snow
storms and got a fair amount of damage.

During the storm, a single bathroom sink faucet seemed to lose almost all
water pressure. Now, more than a month after the storm, that faucet emits
barely a trickle of water, hot or cold.

I pointed this out to the insurance adjuster, and he was adamant that this
was not covered.

Any ideas what's causing this isolated loss of pressure, and what to do
about it?

I have had this situation fifty times. The suggestion I am going to write
may seem obvious, but it was the REAL problems dozens of times.

Clean the sprayer screen if it has one. From there, look at the seats, and
see if they are blocked with scale that gets dislodged during construction
or freeze/thaw cycles. The fastest, easiest, cheapest fix. Once you have
eliminated that, good luck.

Steve