Posted to sci.electronics.repair
evilaltima evilaltima is offline

Default Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer RepairDiagnostic

I am not getting proper audio out of an old synthesizer. If I bypass
the board with the volume slider, everything works fine, but when the
audio runs through the board in question (Korg KLM-663-1), nothing
other than the occasional scratchy volume slider sound.

If necessary, I'd be willing to even pay a few bucks to any kind soul
who would take a few minutes time to point me in the right direction
of a fix (other than the obvious -- bad volume slider). The board
looks simple and straightforward, but I am a rank amateur when it
comes to tracing such a problem. I have both the service manual and a
couple of photos of the suspect board. If I recall right, audio
comes in on the connector on the right and leaves on the one on the
left (might have that reversed).

http://picasaweb.google.com/10293867...85/KorgDw8000#

I'm pretty certain the volume slider worked just fine, before I
replaced the battery for the patches because it did make noises,
albeit random ones. My multimeter also detects resistance change on
the slider when I move it up and down. One other strange thing I
noticed is that when the audio is re-routed, the detune slider doesn't
detune -- it seems to affect a parameter value -- a filter perhaps?
The slider that is supposed to change patch data also behaves
similarly -- no increase or decrease in patch or parameter value, but
instead a change in the parameter value.