Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machining falling block passage Source for 4340 bar stock?

Let the Record show that John on or about
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:33:09 +0700 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Didn't P.O. Ackley do some tests of forces applied to the breechblock?
I seem to remember having read something in one of his books. Seems to
me that they took a Winchester lever action, 92? 94? and tested it. If
I remember the final test was to remove the locking blocks and fire.
The bold staid close.

errr.. the bolt stayed close

That's good to know. But I'm sure it was "the bold" who "stood
close" while that was tested ... B-)

pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich