Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Thompsons water seal equivilent?

On Mar 15, 4:43*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jim" nospam@wherever wrote in message

Hello,

* * *I have sort of a "love hate" relationship with this Thompsons Water
sealer for my deck. I use it every year to seal my cedar deck boards and
cedar deck walls. It looks absolutely fantastic! It brings out the wood
grain to make everything new again.... problem is the beautiful look is
freaking gone a year later...I am buying the UV protected stuff that is
supposed to not allow any greying/weathering.... sooooo my question is
this.... Is there a product that will make my deck look as nice as
Thompsons water sealer THAT WILL LAST?....at least more than one summer!
Thank you... Jim

Penofin oil. *They have a few types and they work well. *Good UV protection
too.

Is Penofin avalaible at Ace or Box stores, have you seen it in quarts,
can it be used at 45-50f? I need some treatment on 20 sq ft of new
pine to protect and dont want a gallon.