Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default wire rope fittings?

On Mar 15, 10:09 pm, Pete Verdon
d wrote:
JimK wrote:
On Mar 13, 7:09 pm, Pete Verdon
JimK wrote:
However said rope is not level so anything hung on it will slide so I
need some way to anchor the feeders
Learn to tie a rolling hitch?

in wire rope? not enough spare slack I suspect....

No, in cord tied around the wire, then hang the feeder from the cord.
Simples.

Pete

mmm... wiki has:-

"a knot used to attach a rope to a rod, pole, or other rope. A simple
friction hitch, it is used for lengthwise pull along an object rather
than at right angles. The Rolling hitch is designed to resist
lengthwise movement for only a single direction of pull"

so does that mean it will tend to slide or tend to undo in my "non
lengthwise pull" application?

Cheers
JimK