Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cardinal Creek Cardinal Creek is offline

Default Taped show not showing up on TV screen

My Toshiba VCR is the SD-296KU model. With my usual skill, I pressed a
button that made the thing either NOT tape a program at all or NOT
make it show up on the TV screen. Here's my setup: I used the cable
remote to change channels, that's working ok. I use the remote for an
Insignia TV for turning the TV on and off, change volume, that's
working ok. I use the Toshiba remote to tape programs and that seems
to be working--I can see the numbers increase as the program is taped.
Before this problem, all I had to do was press the "Video" button on
the TV remote, press "Play" on the VCR remote, and I would be able to
watch the taped program. I'm sure there is some button I shouldn't
have pressed and I'm hoping someone can help me so that I won't have
to pay the Geek Squad $100 to come out and fix it. Any ideas? I hope
I've given you enough info.