Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David David is offline

Default Air Compressor Problem - Motor Stalls

In article ,
lid (Sparks Fergusson) wrote:

The voltage to the motor is never interrupted during the stop/start
cycle. Above a certain psi (about 95), the motor starts bogging down
and eventually stops. This occurs even if I bypass the pressure switch
and attach the cord directly to the motor leads. Then, after the
unloader vents the pressure, the motor will restart.

I had a somewhat similar set of symptoms with my compressor. Spent a
while trying to figure out what was wrong.

The problem turned out to be that wasps had plugged up the air input
holes with mud. Cleaned out the mud and away she went

David