Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More on that runaway Prius...

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , LSMFT wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
"Gomez said the best evidence that his client was frantically slamming the
brakes is that a California Highway Patrol officer who was giving Sikes
instructions over a loudspeaker smelled burning brakes and saw the lights

on."
http://www.foxnews.
com/leisure/2010/03/15/govt-explain-runaway-calif-prius-incident/

Brake lights on, brakes getting hot enough to stink, yet the car isn't slowing
down -- brakes clearly are *not* fully applied.

I wonder if there's some sort of problem that prevents the brakes from being
fully applied, no matter how much pressure is applied to the pedal. That would
be consistent with the multiple reports of drivers "standing on the pedal"
while the car continues to accelerate.

It's a case of "too stupid to shut the switch off".

Or "too stupid to shift into neutral".

Never underestimate how stupid an individual can be. I have
always been proven wrong every time I believe I've see it all.

TDD