Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Samsung plasma TV PS-42V4S

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:30:03 -0800 (PST), powerampfreak
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi all.
I've a plasma TV which has a problem with the picture. If you think of
verticle lines through the entire screen, I would say the 1st, 5th and
10th is not lit. BUT, menus and on-screen displays work perfect giving
a correct picture. But which ever input source I choose, (both scarts
or composite video) the picture will have the "vertical lines"
problem. So, why is OSD and menus work ok? There has be something in
the scaling / picture generation parts.
Anyone know of something useful where to check?
Best regards
PAF

If you vary the aspect ratio, do the lines move?

Can the TV accept a DVI/HDMI input from a PC? If so, would it be
possible to create a test pattern for troubleshooting purposes? What
about a single vertical line with a user selectable colour and
position, that flashes on and off once per second??? That should make
the signal path easier to follow on a scope.

- Franc Zabkar