Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default PC Router Collet Trouble

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:37:05 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

Everyone reading this should just get on the internet, right now, and
order a new collet for their router... while it's convenient and you
don't *need* it.

That way, when there's a question or doubt, you can just reach for the
new collet instead of taking a chance. A bigger bit can fly out of the
router at a very high velocity and go through a bit guard like a paper
bag.

Not a bad idea, other then this is a new router. Swing pointed out
the obvious pushing the bit in to far, and I've had collets that seem
to be tight but need a second torque to actually be tight. If that
happened to me I'd probably be throwing my drawers away. If it
happens again I'd be returning it.

Mike M