Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default How to make Maple look like Walnut?

Jay Pique wrote the following:
I've finished milling all the parts for what I thought was a simple
shelving job, but I've now got an issue. The client has changed her
mind about color, and would prefer that I had made everything from
Walnut so it would match her counters. Anyone have any ideas on how
to dye and/or stain hard maple to look like walnut? I'm not remaking
everything, and the client knows this, so we're just going to do the
best we can. Thanks in advance.

JP

Rip it all out and replace with Walnut, at her cost, or paint 'em white.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY