Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default mobile phone ring tones

OG wrote:

I don't know about you, but if you're interested . . .
at first I didn't see the point of using the Nokia Suite to synch with
my PC, but after suffering a dropped phone which threatened to lose all
my saved contacts and calendar entries I think I see the point now.

If you ever lose or damage your phone beyond repair, you can backup
everything from your computer.

In my case I'd cracked the screen, but using the software and the USB
cable I could read and reply to emails without relying on the phone's
screen.

The software also synchs with Outlook, so you can keep track of
diary/calendar entries on your phone or on your PC.

Oh, and if you do damage your screen - there are city centre repair
places that will do it for about £30, but for lots of popular phones you
can buy replacement screens for less than £20.

Many thanks for that info. I never thought about using it that way. I
have some ones dead phone in front of me at the moment. I'm going to
have a play with that later.

Back to the ring tone, wife is a happy bunny now. I stripped out the
part of the song she wanted and edited it and our son put it onto her
phone as an MP3. The only problem I had was that Audacity could not
export the ring tone as MP3, so I had to download a DLL.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this project.

Dave