Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Downspouts into 4" Drain Pipe

Eric Keller wrote:

-snip-

My yard gets very wet and the drainage is not the best. Any water in
my yard goes to my basement and my sump pump runs about every 3
minutes certain times of the year.

Wanna do this job right the first time-- and pat yourself on the back
every time it rains & your neighbors are pumping their basements?

Then dig deep enough for your cellar to drain to daylight without
those pumps. Size the drain to take your roof runoff & inside and
outside perimeter drains. Solved freezing, and cellar dampness with
one job.

You sound like you're fighting the idea of going bigger than 4".
Don't. It is too small volume-wise[unless you have a very small
house], freeing-wise, and clogging-wise.

If you can't afford to do it right, save your time and money until you
can.

Jim