Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_4_] Steve B[_4_] is offline

Default Yellow Jacket's Nest in the wall

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:28:27 -0500, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:39:51 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

Did you save any of the honey?

Yellow jackets are in the wasp family and don't make honey.

Somebody caught it :-\

I did on the first post. But, as always .........................

Here, in Utah, I have seen wasp nests bigger than a bowling ball. More the
size of two bowling balls. We drove a dirt road from Summit, Utah, that
came out at the base of a Brian Head ski lift. It was in the fall when the
aspen leaves had fallen. There were a surprisingly large number of the
nests, which were highly visible because of the lack of leaves. Had we gone
in foliage, we could not have seen how many. I took a pic, but can't find
it. If I ever get up there again, I will take another. They were
frighteningly large. I am surprised how many of them survive the brutal
winters there.

I got stung by five yellow jackets at once this year on my property. I
can't imagine a bunch of those after you. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Steve