Posted to alt.home.repair

Default That's not the correct answer!

aemeijers wrote:
Bill wrote:
What is it with people these days?

They ask a question on the internet, then someone gives them the
correct answer (usually something which involves *work* to fix it),
then the person asking the question says...

"That is not the answer I was looking for. Anyone else?"

If they know what the answer should be, why are they asking?

(replying to the OP, because in less than a dozen posts, the thread has
already drifted into the usual political BS noise..)

They are perhaps wording their question and follow up badly, but I
suspect many people who ask for additional opinions were hoping for
easy/cheap/quick workarounds, even if they know the traditional correct
answer. Hey, I grew up in the business, and already sorta know many of
the answers for the more common problems. But I still hang out here for
the stuff I don't know, and for new and inventive ways to solve old
problems.

It can't be helped. It's all Bush's fault.

TDD