Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default OT - compact fluorescent

A netiquette Nazi who uses made up words. Ok.

On 3/13/10 1:32 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 3/13/2010 11:19 AM Mike M spake thus:

What counts is what the ballast says it will operate. Wrong lamp you
might have short lamp life, or worst case overheat and have a fire.
If its electronic they frequently operate over a range. If its
magnetic they are usually a lot tighter range.

[please don't top post]

Yabbut, it's OK to run a lamp with a smaller rating; that won't harm the
ballast. A larger lamp could. The 45-watt lamp should work just fine,
assuming it fits the socket.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)