Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Just suppose .........

Robert Swinney wrote:
Good questions, Steve. Let's hope Harold Vardos chimes in here. Harold used to be in the precious
metals reclaimation business.

Harold and some other great guys have a web site
for this at
http://www.finishing.com

At least I'm pretty sure this is the right one,
they have redone it a couple times since they
started it. I got a lot of help when I was first
trying some of this stuff out. I reclaimed a good
ounce of pretty pure gold off some circuit board
edge fingers.

A couple of the guys there figured out an
incredibly simple process for stripping gold
plating off component pins. They use reverse
electroplating in sulfuric drain cleaner. I
haven't tried this process yet, but it looks like
a winner.

Jon