Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default mobile phone ring tones

"Dave" wrote in message
OG wrote:

snip

She doesn't have a USB lead for it, but I do have a bluetooth and
infrared dongles.

It does have a mini USB connector

Yes, and I have found the connector in the box. I just need to find my USB
extension cable now.

Fiddle with the phone's own menus to choose the track you want.

i.e. upload it to the memory (or better still spend a fiver on a 2 Gb
Micro SD card).

I've located the slot for it. Can I pre-load the card with the ring tone
prior to fitting it? I have a reader / writer adaptor that will accept the
card and plug into my computer.

Yes, you can do that. No problems. You can also pre-load some podcasts/music
files as well.

Within the phone software, navigate to the folder you saved it to, and
when you've found it, select the 'Options' button. Scroll down to the
'use tone' option and select 'Set as Ringing tone'.

I'll have a play with it when I am feeling a bit better, I have a bad
chest at the moment.

Not good.

Thanks for your help and time

No problem.

I don't know about you, but if you're interested . . .
at first I didn't see the point of using the Nokia Suite to synch with my
PC, but after suffering a dropped phone which threatened to lose all my
saved contacts and calendar entries I think I see the point now.

If you ever lose or damage your phone beyond repair, you can backup
everything from your computer.

In my case I'd cracked the screen, but using the software and the USB cable
I could read and reply to emails without relying on the phone's screen.

The software also synchs with Outlook, so you can keep track of
diary/calendar entries on your phone or on your PC.

Oh, and if you do damage your screen - there are city centre repair places
that will do it for about £30, but for lots of popular phones you can buy
replacement screens for less than £20.