Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Lo Volts

So what's the likely cause? I'd have expected a sub station to feed the
whole area.

Report it straight away. Dunno if it's still the case, but I have the idea
in the back of my mind LEB used to run lots of their lv systems all
interconnected, no open points, so it could be a fuse gone in the closest
s/s with a backfeed coming from a much greater distance.

Why they did it I have no idea, I know fault levels were always a problem
in the London area.

Yes - this is good enough reason to call the LEB on their emergency number
which is on the bill, or he

http://www.edfenergy.com/safety-emer...cy/index.shtml

(London area).

Just say lights are remaining dim and you suspect low supply voltage.
They'll be out pretty fast.

Near here a bit out in the sticks a man lost his supply, well almost
lost it the neutral had fallen off the distribution line and was laying
on the damp grass and he had some rather dim lighting the live sort of
returning to the transformer that way....

He thought if it was a bit wetter then it might be brighter as well..
water sorta conducts. So it was watered and the lights did indeed get a
lot brighter and it was like this several days till I saw him and almost
shat myself with what had happened.. And so did the blokes from the
power company when they turned up;!....
--
Tony Sayer