Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default reciprocating saw

Anthona wrote:

-snip-
I am an 81 year old man and still handy enough to do chores, but i am
looking for a product that does the work for me and not the other way
around...the last time I used clippers on my aborvitae, i was sore
for days...so i was looking for a power tool, just put it on the
branch and let it do its thing. LOL

Problem with a power tool in shaky hands is they can do more damage
than good in the blink of an eye.

For branches under 2 inches I'd be trying out some ratchet loppers.
They don't need batteries or cords- they can get into places that
power saws can't [easily]- and they aren't likely to takeoff the wrong
branch [or body part].

If you can't handle them- maybe it is time to have someone else do
that work for you. Do what you can without endangering yourself.

I know that's a hard choice because just last week I spent a lot of
time trying to convince my 85yr old dad that *I* would put on the
snow-shoes and rake the 3 feet of snow off the roof-- while *he*, with
his relatively new artificial hip could spend the time behind his
snowblower on more-or-less firm ground.

He *had* to try the snowshoes on and take a few step before he saw the
wisdom in my way. No sense in hurting yourself when time is so
precious.

Jim