Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default reciprocating saw

On Mar 11, 10:30*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Anthona" wrote in message

Know nothing about this tool but like to get one from what i see it
can do. I would like to get the lightest weight ( which means most
likely a battery one ) and prune some shrubs. I know there are pruners
for this, but the branches are much thicker than a typical pruner can
do. Someone mentioned a Milwalkee buzzsaw.

Having had both, I recommend Fiskar compound pruners. *Unless you are taking
down big limbs, then I would use a hand buck saw. *The Fiskars have gears
that multiply your effort, making it easier. *The buck saws cut great. *Be
sure to cut the underside first on anything big so that it doesn't break off
a strip of bark when you cut the top, and it lets loose.

Steve

I am an 81 year old man and still handy enough to do chores, but i am
looking for a product that does the work for me and not the other way
around...the last time I used clippers on my aborvitae, i was sore
for days...so i was looking for a power tool, just put it on the
branch and let it do its thing. LOL