Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default wire rope fittings?

On Mar 13, 4:16 pm, "Steve Walker" wrote:
JimK wrote:
concerted effort to defeat squirrels scoffing bird feed..

strung a 2mm diameter wire rope between two trees from which to
suspend assorted feeders etc...

However said rope is not level so anything hung on it will slide so I
need some way to anchor the feeders, preferably by creating "stops"
past which they can't slide??

cable ties will be sufficient and easy to experiment with

mmm used on their own as stops I don't think they'll be big enough to
work....or do you mean to attach something with them to act as a stop?

Pondering on, I reckon that, in rough weather, the carabiner type
hooks i'm hanging the feeders etc.may, given enough momentum, ride
over smaller stops....

Cheers
JimK