Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Run away cars

wrote:

OK I WAS WRONG. On Hybrid Synergy Drive there is no mechanical
lincage, but the shifter is a switch that controls power to the 2
motor-generator sets. Neutral dissables both , putting the car in
neutral, without intervention by the computer.
This meets the requirements of the law that the engine can be
completely disengaged from the drive at any time.

Motorcycles have a switch on the handlebars that can be tripped to
kill the bike in an emergency. It's convenient for a rider to flip it
if he has to. This is in addition to the ignition switch. I think the
one on my bike has the on position in the middle with an off position on
either side.
Are there any cars with an equivalent switch?