Posted to alt.home.repair
Ned Flanders Ned Flanders is offline

Default Run away cars

On 3/11/10 9:43 AM, wrote:
On Mar 11, 11:59 am, "Bob wrote:
My '94 Caravan with an electronically controlled automatic does the same.

What, we don't have any readers here with a toyota prius?

I know a couple of prius owners and they're not willing to do a full-
throttle shift-to-neutral test on their cars.

I really want to see if the stuff I've been reading about the computer
not letting the transmission shift into neutral to protect the engine
are true.

My 2008 Saturn is drive by wire and the computer does not complain or
prevent me from putting it into neutral at any speed.