Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair

Default Why Do Auto Repair Shops ...

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:02:41 -0500, LSMFT wrote:

On 03/08/2010 12:32 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:35:28 GMT, stayin@home. (Way Back Jack) stayin@home wrote:
always want to replace wipers? Is there a really good profit margin,
or do wipers truly need frequent replacement?

Must be something about your locale. I've lived in 7 states in the
northeast and southwest and never had a mechanic offer to work on
anything but his main task and perhaps engine components like
fanbelts, hoses, etc.

Oil change shops are the worst: they want to pad the bill with
anything they can find that they are competant to fix, yet I've never
had one offer to replace wipers.

Maine oil change shops like to sell you new oil plugs. Especially
Waterville Maine. Of course there is something wrong with yours.??

Yes. They stripped it.