Posted to rec.woodworking

Default low power drilling

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:10:36 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Skilsaw, cut a long slot, lift it, replace and reglue with caulk as an
adhesive. Cost: 1 sheet of flooring. Time saved: a day. Frustration
saved: Humongous amounts.

I'm with you on this one, C-less.

He gets through 4 of the 6 joists, and whatever rig he's using snaps
somewhere between #3 and #4, with the bit embedded in #5 becuase he's
hit a knot... Start again.

How many times, and at what cost?

Clare... Don't be stupid. take the easy way.

I did take the easy way.
The dang carpet is worth something like $50 a yard.
The plywood is glued and screwed to the joists. Cannot remove it
without doing significant damage. And remember i it is ONE AND A HALF
INCHES THICK.

I made the tool to do the job and got the job done. Including my time
the cost was just around the hundred bucks (they pay me $35 an hour)