Posted to rec.woodworking

Default low power drilling

On 3/12/2010 12:17 AM Lew Hodgett spake thus:

wrote:

I've got myself into a situation -
I need to drill through 6 2X8 joists which are accessible only from
the one side. They are spaced 2 feet on centers.

"David Nebenzahl" wrote:

I wonder if you really read the OP's post. Otherwise, the only way
he'd be able to use your suggestion would be if he could scrunch his
body down to fit in a 7-1/2" high space between a concrete slab and
the decking. Quite a trick, that.

Depends how you interept thev above phrase:

" I need to drill through 6 2X8 joists which are accessible only from
the one side."

I interept that to mean he has access to one side such as floor joists
in a house with a basement.

Yabbut right after that he wrote:

The joists are sitting directly on concrete, and the decking is 1
1/2" (you read that right) plywood.

Guess you missed that part, eh?

- a Usenet "apology"