Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Crappy tools

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:55:56 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus22050
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-12, Jon Anderson wrote:
Ignoramus22050 wrote:

I bought a nice old 1/2" slow speed drill (deifinitely will pull your
wrist if it snags) for $5 on ebay, picked up near my house. I have
been happy with my dewalt drill however.

Excellent score! I seldom see anything of interest on ebay that's
close enough to pick up. One of the downsides to rural living....

I seldom see anything worth buying on ebay as well. But I keep
looking. Sometimes things work out great.

I'm up over 350 items bought, usually for 5-25% of the cost, and about
half of them brand new. I learned how to do late bidding very early
on, as I learned to limit my bids to rational figures for the get-go.
Works for me. I lost about 30 bids recently on valid copies of MS
Office 2007 Professional, finally winning one for $150. Retail is
$499.95 from M$.

A client gave me a nice tip and suggested strongly that I get a copy
of Office to work with her, so I did...on her!

Yeah, I just checked and my feedback # is 377. I have been very happy
with 370 of those purchases, happy with 4 more, and have returned 3,
with money back in all cases. I didn't get my return shipping fees
from the last return, though. Overall, I'm way, way ahead with eBay
purchases.

OK, there are dozens of things I see and want on eBay but the unwashed
yuppie bidders run the prices way up. I find them elsewhere for much
less, which is alright with me, too.

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.