Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Poll Question regarding your cordless drill.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:23:24 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:31:52 -0600, "
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:43:33 -0800 (PST), Molly Brown
wrote:

Would you rather have to put in a few drops of oil through a
lubricating hole after every few hours of running your drill and
double the length of time of use without having to replace any parts
or rather not have to bother oiling it and replace a part that may
cost 30% of the price for a new drill every few years?

No. I've never had the drive train, of any drill I've ever owned, fail. I
don't want oil collecting dust, either. Cordless drills die because the
batteries die and they're more expensive than the drill *and* batteries.

Not cordless, but I just had TWO fail on me today - the drive-train.

Put my 6 month old B&D 650 into low range and some teeth dissapered -
just an unholy racket, and no turning.

B&D isn't worth the aggravation. That appears to be a hammer drill.

Took it back to where I bought it - they don't carry it any more, but
they DO have a Porter Cable PC650 - virtually identical except for
colour - for $20 more. Paid the man, took it home, drilled one hole,
and what the heck? a part jumped out through the front drive case.

That's telling your something about B&D, eh?

Took it back and got my money back.
Useless crap.

B&D has been useless crap for decades. Go with Bosch.