Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wiper Joke: true story Why Do Auto Repair Shops ...

On Mar 11, 2:16*pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:47 pm, wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:44 pm, Tony wrote:

OK, this is a true story. *Many moons ago my girlfriend was driving when
we hit some really heavy rain. *She had the wipers on slow. *It rained
harder yet. *Still, even though we could hardly see, she left them on
slow. *I couldn't take it anymore and asked why she won't turn the
wipers on high? *And I swear this is true....
she replied, "Then what will I do if it rains even harder?"

Have you ever seen the wipers on high actually improve visibility?

Yes, in torrrential downpours, without a doubt.

Of course, I use Rain-X washer fluid in my van and rarely need my
wipers at speeds above 40 - 50 MPH.

I tried Rain-X about 20 years ago and hated it. *It made the brand new
wipers leave streaks. *I scrubbed it off the windshield but it took some
time, and maybe new wipers to get a clear windshield again.

Then at the time the new hot product was "Trianco" wiper blades. *They
were the worst wipers I ever had.- Hide quoted text -

As I said, I use the Rain-X washer fluid - not the straight Rain-X
wipe-on product.

The only issue I experience is that on rare occasions, when the street
lights or sun are at the right (wrong?) angle *and* I spray the
windows with the fluid, I get a haze over the windshield for a second
or so. A couple of extra swipes with the wipers clears it right up.

My wife found it a bit disconcerting at first, but once she realized
that it only happens when conditions are "perfect" and that it only
lasts for a second, she decided that the advantage of not using wipers
on the highway outweighed the very rare occurrences of the haze.