Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Wiper Joke: true story Why Do Auto Repair Shops ...

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:47 pm, wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:44 pm, Tony wrote:

OK, this is a true story. Many moons ago my girlfriend was driving when
we hit some really heavy rain. She had the wipers on slow. It rained
harder yet. Still, even though we could hardly see, she left them on
slow. I couldn't take it anymore and asked why she won't turn the
wipers on high? And I swear this is true....
she replied, "Then what will I do if it rains even harder?"

Have you ever seen the wipers on high actually improve visibility?

Yes, in torrrential downpours, without a doubt.

Of course, I use Rain-X washer fluid in my van and rarely need my
wipers at speeds above 40 - 50 MPH.

I tried Rain-X about 20 years ago and hated it. It made the brand new
wipers leave streaks. I scrubbed it off the windshield but it took some
time, and maybe new wipers to get a clear windshield again.

Then at the time the new hot product was "Trianco" wiper blades. They
were the worst wipers I ever had.