Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Wiper Joke: true story Why Do Auto Repair Shops ...

wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:44 pm, Tony wrote:
OK, this is a true story. Many moons ago my girlfriend was driving when
we hit some really heavy rain. She had the wipers on slow. It rained
harder yet. Still, even though we could hardly see, she left them on
slow. I couldn't take it anymore and asked why she won't turn the
wipers on high? And I swear this is true....

she replied, "Then what will I do if it rains even harder?"

Have you ever seen the wipers on high actually improve visibility?

All I've ever seen the high setting do is break the wipers. Threw the
arm right off my old clunker Caddy, and totally thrashed the entire
wiper mechanism on a friend's minivan.

Yes, it has always helped me. On my old work van an inch of ice frozen
hard onto the roof melted and slid down the windshield at a stop sign.
Both wipers were facing down across the hood pointing to the road. I
went to a chevy dealer and took it apart so I could go right in if I
needed anything. Luckily I was able to bend the linkage back to normal
and didn't need any parts.