Posted to alt.home.repair
DemoDisk DemoDisk is offline

Default Better Flashlights

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Please be sure to add any I missed.

Photon squeeze light. Carry on keyring for occasional light
needs. Like when
I dropped my mini mag last week outdoors at night.

Mag or Garrity 3 or 4 D cell light. Slice the night. Read
house numbers. Beat off muggers and burglars. See what is
that noise in your chicken coop.

Are you dissing my house?

Tactical Xenon light. Expensive light with expensive bulbs
and expensive
batteries. But it does a terrific job of lighting house
numbers for night
service calls. Also good for spotting racoon in trees.
Actually small enough
to put in pocket.

That's an interesting light!

Closet light. Runs on D cells, some run on AA cells. Can be
fluorescent,
filament bulb, or LED. Stationary applications, for short
term light. Many
closet lights are bright enough to light up an entire room
enough to walk
around.

Perfect. Need at least one.

Camping lantern. Mine is fluorescent and runs on D cells.
Some have LED, and
some have filament bulbs. I suspect LED are less light, and
filament bulbs
are more light.

Dorcy single AAA LED light. Fits nicely in the coat pocket,
and provides
light when everything else is broken.

Spotlight that plugs into the lighter socket. Light up the
entire side of the house.

Yeah -- got one, but never use it.

Make burglars go into V-fib. Spook the horses. Signal alien space
ships,

Now you're dissing my neighborhood!

and confuse airplane pilots. A bit too bright, some of them. And
plenty fun to play with.

Mini Mag light. My daily work horse. Use it several times a
day, every day.
Nite Ize and Terralux conversions are an excellent idea.

Headlamp. Used when working, so as to keep both hands free.

I'm Christopher Young
and I approved this message.

Thanks for your input, Christopher
Jm