Posted to alt.home.repair
DemoDisk DemoDisk is offline

Default Better Flashlights

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
What's your application? Walking the dogs? Repairing
computer equipment? Blinding burglars at night? Potty runs
during power cuts? Eating dinner during power cuts?

Once we know your use, we can be a lot more helpful with
ideas. There are so many reasons for a battery light. I have
several different types of battery lights for different
reasons.

Minimag for the pocket, 4D mag light near the front door for
chasing racoons, and blinding burglars, Xenon light in the
vehicle for reading signs and house numbers at night,
fluorescent lantern for night camping meals.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Oookay. The Radio Shack flashlight wasn't particularly 'handy,' being 11
inches tall, but it cast a strong beam 2 3/4" wide. Surprising for such
a lowly flashlight! Now that it's gone, raccoons and burglars have a
new lease on life. ; )

But it also helped out during storms and, like me, it was cheap. So I'm
leaning toward replacements that cast a strong, wide beam, don't cost
nuthin' (y'know sorta) and won't crap out after a few moderate bumps.
Forget about $30 per flashlight; that should buy four plus batteries for
each. Is that doable?

If the reflector on the Radio Shack C-cell had even been *tin* I
wouldn't be asking here. A penny or two per unit would have made it a
truly Golden Giveaway.

Thanks for your help,
Jm