Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bear Spray? For manageing unruly Bruins? was Just One Use items

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:41:40 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 00:45:58 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 23:01:34 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:55:50 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:26:45 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:36:54 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:09:25 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Mar 8, 8:26*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 8, 9:51*am, "Stormin Mormon"

bear spray when hiking
Christopher A. Young

What's in the bear spray, napalm?

AKA bear repellant, AKA pepper spray, it burns without combustion.
There have supposedly been instances where noobs have applied it like
mosquito repellant. I prefer units with a heavy lead content, myself,
say 10mm to 12 ga. In some states you can get bear repellant where
pepper spray is outlawed. Same cans, different lettering.

Stan

And the Bear Spray tends to shoot farther and with more volume, then
small cans of "pepper spray"

There are a couple advances of pepperspray over bullets
1. Doesnt harm the animal
2.Tends to temporarily blind them so they cant see you to attack.

On the other hand...#2 is really really Iffy.....

Just make sure you're up wind of the critter. Less chance of
'blow back'.

Carry a caliber suitable to stop the attack, and use pepper spray as
your first line of defense..but be also prepared to quickly switch to
the caliber you chose if the spray doesnt fend off the attack.

"Attention campers. The correct answer to 'What do you do when
faced with abear in the wild?' is not 'Butter up the fat kid and push
him in front!'!"

Depends on ones relations with ones children. Id have slavered meat
sauce and put some fresh uncooked steaks in my sons shirt pocket if we
had been anyplace there were bears of any note.

Well, they're you're kids, so "You brung 'em in, you can take 'em
out."

http://www.rhjunior.com/CC/00055.html

That's Charles in the hammock. He's a Counselor at a Summer Camp...
and used to go there when he was a kid. He's the sort of counselor
that the kids love, but the parents can't stand.
What makes the "experience" so much fun is that the Camp is now
sponsored by the ASPCA, PETA, The American Academy of Child and
Adolescent Psychiatry, and Greenpeace." In other words, not a single
group which knows beans about Nature, true Native American History, or
children under the age of 24.
I think you'll like it.

Bookmarked!!

Gunner

Marvelous cartoon! I just read em start to finish. Funny as hell and
accurate.

Had me laughing hysterically in a number of places.

Gunner, one time camp counseler

You might find "Nip and Tuck" a hoot , as well as "Quinton Questor
Space Ranger!" (He tears into the whole Star Trek mythos with a
chainsaw...)
I just laugh my self silly reading them. And inflicting them on
friends.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!