Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do urethane caster wheels deform over time under load

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:59:51 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus5886
scrawled the following:

On 2010-03-10, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus5886 fired this volley in
:

Once I get the mill in place, I will put 2x4s under the base.

That's not the best base, unless the mill is heavy enough to partially
crush the wood. In the most exact sense, you'll never get it to sit tight
on the floor without a three-point or four-point-and-one-adjustable stance.

Oh, it will crush the wood in 2x4s, for sure.

And ensure a level of within 1/4".

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.