Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bernard Peek Bernard Peek is offline

Default Recoovery from failed firmware update

On 10/03/10 23:42, Michael Chare wrote:

Yes sometimes. What is it you've had go wrong?..

Fortunately nothing yet. Sadly, I don't have the firmware for the
particular device that I would like to update. I was just wondering how
easily the manufacturer would be able to correct the problem should an
update fail.

There is usually some way of recovering the situation, but whether it is
economically viable is a different matter. The manufacturer may charge a
lot for the service. The only way to find that out is to contact the
manufacturer in advance.

--
Bernard Peek