Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Soil pipe cutting/routing

Painters10 wrote:
I am fitting out a new bathroom in an extension. The soil pipe for
the toilet has to run around a wall edge and then drop down into a
socket in the floor space. Due to the next drop this runs at an angle
in the ceiling space below. It's all been OKd with building control
but I have a problem with drop heights.
I have to have an access rod point and so I need to use a RA bend with
access hole. But once this is inserted the horizontal pipe position
is too high.
Working to the minimum 18mm per metre that the building regs state for
a 110mm pipe I need to drop my pipe by about 50mm

This is very hard to explain so I've uploaded a pictu
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4296/soilpipe.jpg

The RA access bend goes into the floor point about 70mm and I think
there is about 30mm of gentle bend that could go in. So is it OK to
chop 50mm off the RA access bend so that once it's inserted it will
drop my pipe height?

Check first that there will still be enough straight to plug into the
socket. It won't work well if, as I suspect, removing 50mm will put the
seal on part of the bend.

Colin Bignell