Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Soil pipe cutting/routing

On 10 Mar, 22:13, Painters10 wrote:
I am fitting out a new bathroom in an extension. *The soil pipe for
the toilet has to run around a wall edge and then drop down into a
socket in the floor space. *Due to the next drop this runs at an angle
in the ceiling space below. *It's all been OKd with building control
but I have a problem with drop heights.
I have to have an access rod point and so I need to use a RA bend with
access hole. *But once this is inserted the horizontal pipe position
is too high.
Working to the minimum 18mm per metre that the building regs state for
a 110mm pipe I need to drop my pipe by about 50mm

This is very hard to explain so I've uploaded a pictuhttp://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4296/soilpipe.jpg

The RA access bend goes into the floor point about 70mm and I think
there is about 30mm of gentle bend that could go in. *So is it OK to
chop 50mm off the RA access bend so that once it's inserted it will
drop my pipe height?

Thanks for reading.

Painters10

Yes, chop your access bend about a bit if necessary.

Alternatively, if you're willing to go without that rodding point at
that location, use 2 obtuse bends in place of the 90 degree and obtuse
you have now.

2 obtuse bends will give quite a bit lower profile, and can be twisted
about each other to give a lot of angular flexibility.

If there's an appropriate spot, you could then use a straight pipe
section rodding point in the soil branch pipe.