Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Run away cars

On Mar 10, 12:36*pm, wrote:
On Mar 10, 9:44*am, (Jack) wrote:

I posted here because of the great number of posters, some of whom might
have an opinion. I was right !!

Why people take the time to reply to a post to say that "they personally
do not care to reply" is beyond me.

My cars are 2000 and 2003 GM products and the keys are on the steering
wheel and when you turn the key off it locks the steering. Maybe if the
key is in the dash it does not lock the steering just by turning it off..

Go take a look and tell us which it is. *Either it only locks the
steering wheel when you remove the key or else it locks it when you
turn it to the lock position. * All of the cars I've had that I can
recall required the key to be removed to lock.

The guy in CA said he was afraid to take his hands off the steering
wheel (I think).

Sorry to have bothered the group, I will not be back.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson- Hide quoted text -

It most likely will not lock unless the shifter is in park.