Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Run away cars

In article , wrote:
On Mar 10, 5:55=A0am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

He later said he was afraid to because he thought the car might flip. He
should have his license revoked.

Interesting, I heard the replay of the 911 call and I remember it
differently. I heard the 911 operator ask if he tried shifting into
netural and it sounded to me like he avoided the question and
responded saying something about having trouble talking on his cell
phone. I didn't hear him say no and his avoiding the question sounded
suspicious to me. I only heard it once and could have gotten it
wrong.

Article in the paper this morning said the guy didn't shift into neutral
because he was afraid it "might slip into reverse".

Either way, he's a total idiot. How frigging stupid do you have to be to drive
for THIRTY F**KING MILES with a wide-open throttle, and not try shutting the
ignition off or shifting into neutral? And how is it that after thirty miles
of -- as he told the 911 operator -- "standing on the brakes" while the car
still continues accelerating, once the cop pulls up next to him and tells him
to stand on the brakes and apply the parking brake too, suddenly he's able to
get the car stopped quickly?