Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

Default Just One Use items

In article ,
says...
"David R.Birch" wrote:

Any tool from Harbor Fright, more than one use is a bonus!

I bought some rolling head pry bars. Each lasted less than one use.

I had the opposite happen. I lost my prized, slim 8" pry bar that I use to
pull nails in tight places. I ordered the closest I could find on eBay, and it
opened flat during the first use, it had no heat treatment at all. A few days
later I was in HF and saw a two pack and figured, can't be any worse for 3
bucks. I tried one out on a nearby vise and it seemed OK. They are perfectly
heat treated and tough as all get out.

But that the problem with Chinese goods, it's a crap shoot. Especially with
metal properties.

--
Dennis