Posted to alt.home.repair
pcgeek86 pcgeek86 is offline

Default Electrical Wiring Issue

Hey guys,

I have a light fixture on a 2-way switch that suddenly died. After
doing some troubleshooting, I found out that when I turned the switch
"on", the hot wire would go dead. When I turned the switch "off", the
hot wire would be hot. I tried swapping the switch with a known good
one, but the behavior persists. I have replaced the light fixture, and
it has not resolved the issue. Also, one thing that did resolve the
symptom was leaving the light fixture disconnected, and the hot wire,
going from the switch to the fixture, hang loose. When nothing was
connected, the wire would be hot when the switch was "on."

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Cheers,
Trevor