Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Trying my luck at posting photos...

Ron wrote:
On Mar 9, 6:01 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

On Mar 9, 4:38 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

The first link worked fine as others have posted.
I am a little leery of any shortened URL as I do not know what they lead
to.
Do you really know where any unknown link is going?

No. But I have enough common sense to realize that if it links to
download.php or any of a few other files I may not want to click on it.

I've clicked on perfectly "normal" links before only to be redirected
to a malware site because the poster was a malicious little bitch.

I didn't think of it until now, but for my email, everything goes
through "Mailwasher Pro" first and there it shows the link and the
'real' link. I don't think I can do that with newsgroups.

I like Mailwasher, especially since when it was freeware (or shareware?)
I paid the guy $20 because I liked the program. A month later I think
they were bought out or went commercial or something, but by paying that
$20 7 or 8 years ago, I have free updates for life.