Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Better Flashlights

On Mar 9, 6:52*pm, notbob wrote:
On 2010-03-09, DemoDisk wrote:

Can anyone recommend a *good* cheap flashlight that's more durable?
Something you could buy four or five of to keep in several places
throughout the house.

There used to be a cheapo brand called K-something (K-lite?) that's
dirt cheap, and fairly reliable. *$1 ea fer dbl AAs. *Beware though,
you get what you pay for. *My current go-to flashlight is an older 2
D-cell Garrity. *Waterproof and rubber armored. *They're very
reasonably priced for how good they are. *My recommended brand.

Whatever you do, stay away from Maglites. *I've owned at least 2 doz
over the years. *Overpriced crap. *I've yet to own one that didn't
eventually fail, usually sooner than later. *You couldn't give me one
(and they used to)!

nb

I have about a 15yr old Maglite that works just fine.