Posted to rec.woodworking
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

In ,
Rudy spewed forth:
This is where I have a problem. Mandate this invention on all Table
Saws? This is just an attempt to force his will on all. I have a
really big problem with that!!!

Remember when you could buy a gasoline powered lawnmower that would
just start and run when you pulled the cord ?
and keep running thereafter until you shut it off ?

Now you have to HOLD the safety interlock on the handle or it will
shut off... I find that a major PITA.
Same goes for the little BEAM sensors on garage doors.

way i solved the beam sensors was to mount them on the ceiling about a foot
in front of the opener pointed at each other about a foot apart