Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cut off your finger? Sue

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:21:04 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

Just to go against the grain, I kind of wish it would get mandated,
then maybe in mass production it would become more affordable. I try
to be as safe as possible, number one priority, but I still feel a
little stupid every time I use my ole flesh eating Powermatic TS. If I
loose a finger I'll feel even stupider... forever. I wish I had a Saw
Stop. I can't think I'll buy any new saw except a swa stop. I just
wish they were cheaper or the feature was availble on more saws.

Yeah, the SawStop is not a bad idea at all, but to add one at double
the cost of a saw just irks me to no end.

Open message to SawStop: OK, I'm sold. I'll give you my classic and
not so pristine Davis & Wells saw, named Dina, for one of your 102"
rail, left tilt, 12" models, just so you'll feel better about my
safety. Is it a deal?

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu