Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I was almost impounded, laptop saved me

'reasonable doubt' is formed by the cop. Not by the kid.
They can easily steam roll young people.

Martin

Ignoramus10008 wrote:
It is very difficult to even recognize that the police is asking for a
permission to search. They may say something "open your trunk" or "if
you have done nothing wrong, you would not mind us looking into your
car, now would you" or "I need to search your car, hand me your keys".

This is a good video on the subject. A must see for every citizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

On 2010-03-08, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
When you are at the back of the truck with your hands over the back and
your feet apart - you want to say no ? This was a small insider
county. One would have thought they would have known.
Sons landlord a few years ago flew to Phoenix started a bar fight
and stayed a month in jail.

Martin

Wes wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

I can see out of control types that would take apart the mill
looking for a gram of drugs. Then give you a street full of parts.

That happened to my son in California as his truck was once owned
by a bad guy - bought at a police auction and reconditioned, sold by
a friend of the family to son...

Great truck, but he was stopped twice for the other guy. The second time,
he, the cop, recognized a change of interior and driver - let him go. The
first time his complete contents of the truck was on the highway. insurance,
CD's, tools and school papers.
Did he agree to a search? Some people give away their rights at the start of the
encounter. I've been asked twice if law enforcement could search my car. Both times I
said no, not without a warrant, and both times they let me go. Michigan and South
Carolina were the two locations.

Wes