Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default Better Flashlights

DemoDisk wrote:
Had this 4-cell Radio Shack flashlight that I used every day. The
reflector was brittle plastic and it took only one short drop onto
*carpet* to crack the bulb housing. Useless, now.

Can anyone recommend a *good* cheap flashlight that's more durable?
Something you could buy four or five of to keep in several places
throughout the house.

I used to find surplus Navy flashlights cheap and durable. Now I prefer
LED headband lights. They may cost more than $10 but appear to last
indefinitely.

There's not much battery weight to cause damage if it's dropped. The
feel of the band makes it easy to find in a dark drawer, or you can hang
it. To take it with you, you can wear it around your neck so it won't
be dropped or misplaced.

You can see with both hands free. The kind with lithium buttons would
have a shelf life in years, while AAA NiMH cells (with three spares in
your pocket) would would be thrifty for extensive use.